Friday, August 24, 2012

Mermaid Tail... the tale of a mermaid pants!


A lot of the clothes I make are inspired by the little people in my life, like the butterfly shirt...
 
 ... and the owl jumper...

And when the owl jumper didn't cut it, the giraffe jumper...

But it's not just my little people who inspire me.  These pants are made with our little friend, Gracie, in mind. Gracie LOVES mermaids.  Loves 'em.  So I thought it would be fun to whip up some mermaid pants.

As I was brainstorming, the only issue I could see was the fact that I would be making pants and mermaids do not have legs.  That really is the only problem with mermaids; am I right?! :)  But I think we got around that pretty well... I think. 

 Happy swimming! :)

4 comments:

  1. WoW! I did not know mermaids travelled with forks!Or is this one of those girls things I don't know about. Just boys over here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine - little mermaid (the movie) used a fork for everything (on of the first things she did was brush her hair with it!)

    Those pants are adorable! although of there are issues to where she dislikes her legs make a mermaid maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I would not have thought about this idea. Other outfits are so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)