Thursday, April 5, 2012

Riley Dress-- the best remix of all!

Pin It

I finished it!  I finished Riley's Easter dress!  And you'll never guess what I named it: The Riley Dress.  I am "that painting elephant of being awesome."  (Anyone know the reference?)  Well, even with a terribly un-creative name, I'm in love with this dress. 

Remember how terrified I was because I didn't want to mess up on such lovely fabric?  Well, now I don't have to cry myself to sleep!  It has plenty of ruffle-ness. :)

The overskirt is, yes indeed-y, another remix of Dana's circle skirt.  I wanted to do something else with her tutorial besides a skirt, to show off whatever skill(z) I may possess.  I split the front of the skirt, and I edged the entire skirt with a 3-inch ruffle that has both (finished) edges exposed.  That ruffle is about 400 inches long.  Yowza, that was a little work.

The underskirt is a hot pink ruffle fabric.  Ow ow! :)

Looks like I'm not the only one who's giddy over the dress.


We're just all-around silly over here. :)

Now we're ready for Easter!  But so we don't forget what's truly important... Praise the Lord!  Good Friday is dark, but Sunday is a-comin'!

11 comments:

  1. That is just ADORABLE, Heather!!! Love the fabric and I love what you've done with Dana's pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping over from Made in a Day. I love the dress and the fabric you used!

    http://sarahsworld-sarahsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful job you have done with this!! I love the fabric that you have chosen. So cute!! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful dress!! And that is lovely fabric! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a BEAUTIFUL dress! Love the pretty ruffles....I would be SOOO Thrilled to have you share this at my link party that is still going on!
    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/04/homemade-by-you-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely dress! just beautiful! good for you and for her!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ruffles in the front! DArling remix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Love the fabric and the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute dress. You did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing on Blog Stalking Thursday!

    thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! My girls would love a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments more than I love buying new fabric, and that's saying something. :)